FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Ultrasound Cavitation?
Ultrasound cavitation is a non-invasive method of reducing localized fat in Men and Women, using ultrasound and radio frequency. The ultrasonic waves vibrate and break up the cells, which are then liquefied and eliminated through the lymphatic and urinary system.
Is Ultrasound Cavitation a safe treatment?
Yes, it is a nonsurgical procedure without anesthesia. It is non-invasive (no cutting, and leaves no scars) and requires no downtime.
Is Ultrasound Cavitation painful?
No, cavitation is a painless treatment. Mild redness may appear occasionally but does not cause pain. The heat caused by the equipment is perfectly tolerable. Some client's may experience a "buzzing" sound in thir ears from the ultrasonic waves, however this is not painful.
What areas of the body can be treated?
he most common areas for treatment are abdomen, buttocks, inner and outer thighs, inner knees, upper arms, flanks and chin as these areas are most resistant to diet and exercise.
Can you lose weight with ultrasound cavitation?
Although this method of fat reduction can help to speed up the weight loss process when done in conjunction with diet and exercise, it is NOT a method to lose weight. Ultrasonic Cavitation is used for body shaping, contouring and to reduce those stubborn fatty areas that don't seem to budge regardless of diet or exercise.
What are the contraindications of ultrasound cavitation?
Individuals with the following conditions should avoid treatment:
- Cardiac or vascular disease
- Metal implants
- Liver disease
- Circulatory insufficiency
- Phlebitis (Inflammation of veins in arms or legs)
- Wounds or skin infections on areas to be treated.
- Kidney problems
- Immune problems
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding women
- Women who are menstruating (body parts other than abdomen are fine)
*Always consult a physician if you are unsure if this treatment is suitable for you.
What preparation is needed before and after treatment?
For best results, we recommend the following before and after treatments to prevent fat from "re-depositing":
- A diet high in lean protien and low in fat and carbohydrates in order to burn the released fat.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water before and after treatment.
- Do not drink any alcohol or caffeine on the day of your treatment and 48 hours following. Your liver is busy metabolizing the fat released during your treatment.
- At least 30 minutes of brisk exercise before and after treatment will help stimulate lymph movement.
How much time is needed between treatments?
The body eliminates the fat from a session in 72 hours, so we recommend an interval of 4-7 days between sessions.
How many sessions are usually needed?
For best results, It usually takes 6-12 treatments depending upon the body part being treated and the thickness of the fatty tissue. '
To address age spots, acne and more, click here to learn about IPL Photo Rejuvenation.